SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT POLICY
Our hotel is located within the Tourist Reserve in the way to the Martial Glacier (Provincial Dept. 2256/94). This Reserve was created with the purpose of preserving essential ecological systems and natural resources from the site.
Immersed in an exclusive natural environment, with ancient forests of lenga beech, ñires and guindos, this Reserve also constitutes a valuable “green lung” for a growing city such as Ushuaia.
We understand that taking care of our environment and our community reinforces our business, so we are committed to adopt good environmental practices to reduce the impact of our activity on the Reserve, leading us to a more sustainable development.
As regards the commitment of Tremun Hoteles to local communities, and considering the correlation of the three dimensions of sustainability (business, sociocultural and environmental sustainability), from our own mission, vision and values, we assume the full commitment of:
- Taking care of the environment
- Saving and looking after water consumption
- Using energy on a rational and efficient basis
- Reducing waste, reusing and recycling (“3 R” Principle)
- Disclosing information and involving our guests, collaborators and community
- Fostering cultural diversity as well as social inclusion
- Respecting in an absolute way all the national and international regulations applied to our employment relation with our employees
- Prioritizing local suppliers with the purpose of promoting local development and reducing our carbon footprint produced by transport
- Fostering, both inside the company and with our clients, suppliers and community, a relationship environment based on freedom, equity and respect for the human person and human rights
- Keeping up our guests’ satisfaction level
- Observing all Sustainable Tourist principles